Have you ever tried to cram a double 10″ EP inside a Christmas stocking? We haven’t either, but it’ll be fun to try this December, as we’ll be releasing a new Cat Power 2X10″, ‘Dark End Of The Street’ — it shall also be available through your favorite digital retailers (including the Matador store). Featuring additional covers recording during the sessions for ‘Jukebox’, the track listing can be found below. In keeping with prior practice / the Matablog style guide, we’ve listed the performers most responsible for popularizing the songs…don’t worry San Francisco journalists, we’ll make sure the proper composers are paid and credited!
1) Auld Triangle (The Pogues)*
2) Dark End Of The Street (James Carr, Aretha Franklin)*
3) Who Knows Where The Time Goes (Sandy Denny / Fairport Convention)*
4) Fortunate Son (Creedence Clearwater Revivial)
5) I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now) (Otis Redding)
6) It Ain’t Fair (Aretha Franklin)*
* – previously unreleased recordings.